Friday, May 15, 2015

Here We Go Again

Anyone reading this already knows the history of my wildly fluctuating moves and counter-moves over the past two years, so suffice it to say-here we go again.
Today is the last day of my furniture in Grand Central, Bob and Wendy's Seattle home. Tomorrow, we will load everything into a 16' Budget rental truck, celebrate Bob's 70th birthday and my leaving, and Sunday morning early, Joann and I will begin the trek towards Greenville.

Leaving will be soooo hard! I already miss everyone here! The boys are so cute and I am having so much fun with the entire family, it is hard to imagine not being here. My consolation is that I have lots of VIPs coming to visit this summer beginning with Tina, Amy, and Harper and including Karina, Lee Hunt and John, and Reeves, Ashley, Larkin, and Drew. And I get to meet Baby Boy Clippard!

We have to be there by the following Saturday night, although the timing pretty much sucks for Robert and Jan.  They close on their new house on Friday, move, attend Taylor's graduation on Saturday, and I have to unload my truck on Sunday in order to return the truck on time Monday.

Anyway, Joann has graciously come to Seattle to be my traveling companion and weather guru. This will be the first time in our travels that we have stuck to interstate which we typically avoid like the plague on our adventures.  However, time is important and I don't relish breaking down in the boonies without cell service, in truck that isn't mine, so interstate it is.

We have determined 4 different routes although we would REALLY like to go down highway 101 through California but know it is not feasible.  So , as of now, we'll take the most northern route, so we can see some new sights.

I'll keep you up-to-date-hopefully with pics along the way!


1 comment:

  1. it will be a fun trip no matter which way ya'll decide...am very jealous...see ya soon

    ReplyDelete